MIMO for Wireless Communications
Overview Modern wireless comminication systems aim to achieve a high spectral efficiency. With this aim in mind a number of advanced techniques and algorithms are exploited. One such technique is multiple input - multiple output transmission, where more than one antenna is used in both transmitter and receiver. This technque aims to increase transmission data rates without requiring any additional bandwidth. This course provides a detailed introduction to MIMO techniques, architectures and algorithms. As an example, the use of MIMO techniques in 3GPP LTE is presented.
- Review of multi-antenna techniques
- Transmit/ receive diversity
- Space time coding
- Spatial multiplexing
- Optimum solution to the MIMO problem
- Approximations to the optimum solution
- Case study: MIMO techniques in LTE
The course is suitable for all engineering, technical marketing and technical management staff wishing to gain an understanding of MIMO techniques for wireless communications.
To provide participants with a detailed introdcution to MIMO systems, architectures and algorithms. After the course participants should also be able to differentiate between spatial multiplexing and other multiantenna techniques such as transmit/receive diversity and space/time codes. On successful completion of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Identify different multiantenna techniques
- Understand the difference between transmit/receive diversity and spatial multiplexing
- Understand the difference between space time coding and spatial multiplexing
- Appreciate which multiantenna technique is more suitable for different scenarios
- Identify advantages and disadvantages of predistortion and equalisation as solutions to generic spatial multiplexing problem
- Identify advantages and disadvantages of the optimal solution to the generic spatial multiplexing problem
- Understand the most common approximations to the optimum solution to the spatial multiplexing problem
- Understand the use of multiantenna techniques in 3GPP LTE systems
The course format is: 70% Lectures and 30% Demonstrations. All attendees will receive electronic and printed versions of the teaching materials. The notes provided form a superset of the materials presented on the course and will allow further in depth study after the course.
Experience in the following areas is advisable:
- Fundamentals of DSP
- Basic digital communication systems
- Bachelor level mathematics
MIMO Syllabus (38 kB)
- on request - Derag Hotel Prinzessin Elisabeth in Munich, Germany www.deraghotels.de
Instructor: Prof. Bob Stewart and team
Professor Bob Stewart and his team of experienced design engineers from Steepest Ascent of have successfully presented in Europe, United States and Asia. Prof Bob Stewart has extensive experience presenting industry DSP courses in the USA and Europe. He is currently a faculty member of the Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering at the University of Strathclyde. Prior to joining the University of Strathclyde, Prof Stewart was a visiting professor in Dept of Electrical Engineering at the University of Minnesota in 1990, and a visiting scholar at the University of Southern California in 1986/7. Since 1997 he has been a parttime visiting professor at UCLA.
- 1.310,00 € regular fee
- 1.180,00 € early registration
- 1.110,00 € per participant of two from the same company
- 1.050,00 € per participant of three or more from the same company
- 720,00 € University Rate (Please enclose evidence.)
All prices exclude German VAT
The qaqadu event gmbh offers professional education with technical training, seminars, and trade shows. In addition to providing and hosting events as technical courses, the MOST(R) Forum, and the automotive roadshow, the Starnberg based specialists in event management also support companies in organizing their events. The offered services reach from the conception and planning through organization and marketing up to the realization of the event.
Contact: Mandy Ahlendorf
Phone: +49 8151 555009 11
Maximilianstrasse 8 | 82319 Starnberg | Germany
Steepest Ascent has a long history in providing both Public and On-Site courses within the UK, USA and Europe. Through a number of European and US partners Steepest Ascent has delivered a wide range of detailed technical courses to some of the worlds top engineering and academic institutions.
Contact: Amreet Bhumbra
Phone: +44 141 552 8855
Ladywell, 94 Duke Street | Glasgow, G4 0UW | United Kingdom
qaqadu event gmbh
T +49 8151 555009 11