Wireless / Mobile Channel Modelling
This course provides attendees with a solid and intuitive understanding of Microwave and Radio propagation fundamental and principles. The course covers radio propagation and its affects on the design of wireless systems for maximizing capacity and coverage as well as minimizing transmitted power and interference. Also the principles of signal fading and noise enhancement for both fixed and mobile systems will be considered. The effect of time varying and time dispersive properties of the channel are covered to characterize the received signal at the receiver. The course covers existing standardised SISO/ MIMO channel model and there use within simulation environments.
- Radio propagation fundamentals and principles
- Propagation models and link budget
- Propagation in microwave terrestrial relay and satellite systems
- Channel fading and it affect on system design
- Understanding ITU and MIMO channel models
- Radio regulation and spectrum management
- Introduction of radio frequency planning tools (Radio Mobile)
- Fading and noise enhancement in fixed and mobile wireless systems
- Detailed understanding of integrating wireless channel model in actual simulation for both SISO/MIMO systems.
- Factor to be considered in the design, integration and simulation of propriety wireless channel model.
- Propagation channels and modelling in UHF spectrum
The course will cover the use of wireless channel model in actual simulations which is ideal for engineers and researchers who have little or no knowledge of using standard complex MIMO channel models (such as SCM, LTE channel model) within simulations.
- 03.09.2013 08:30 - 04.09.2013 18:00 Conference Center in Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- on request - Derag Hotel Prinzessin Elisabeth in Munich, Germany www.deraghotels.de
Instructor: Prof. Bob Stewart and team
Professor Bob Stewart and his team of experienced design engineers from Steepest Ascent of have successfully presented in Europe, United States and Asia. Prof Bob Stewart has extensive experience presenting industry DSP courses in the USA and Europe. He is currently a faculty member of the Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering at the University of Strathclyde. Prior to joining the University of Strathclyde, Prof Stewart was a visiting professor in Dept of Electrical Engineering at the University of Minnesota in 1990, and a visiting scholar at the University of Southern California in 1986/7. Since 1997 he has been a parttime visiting professor at UCLA.
- 1.310,00 € regular fee
- 1.180,00 € early registration
- 1.110,00 € per participant of two from the same company
- 1.050,00 € per participant of three or more from the same company
- 720,00 € University Rate (Please enclose evidence.)
All prices exclude German VAT
Steepest Ascent has a long history in providing both Public and On-Site courses within the UK, USA and Europe. Through a number of European and US partners Steepest Ascent has delivered a wide range of detailed technical courses to some of the worlds top engineering and academic institutions.
Contact: Amreet Bhumbra
Phone: +44 141 552 8855
Ladywell, 94 Duke Street | Glasgow, G4 0UW | United Kingdom
The qaqadu event gmbh offers professional education with technical training, seminars, and trade shows. In addition to providing and hosting events as technical courses, the MOST(R) Forum, and the automotive roadshow, the Starnberg based specialists in event management also support companies in organizing their events. The offered services reach from the conception and planning through organization and marketing up to the realization of the event.
Contact: Mandy Ahlendorf
Phone: +49 8151 555009 11
Maximilianstrasse 8 | 82319 Starnberg | Germany
qaqadu event gmbh
T +49 8151 555009 11